Senin, 22 April 2013

Signposting

 
Signposting
Function
Language
Introducing the subject
•      I'd like to start by...
•      Let's begin by...
•      First of all, I'll...
•      Starting with...
•      I'll begin by...
Finishing one subject...
•      Well, I've told you about...
•      That's all I have to say about...
•      We've looked at...
•      So much for...
...and starting another
•      Now we'll move on to...
•      Let me turn now to...
•      Next...
•      Turning to...
•      I'd like now to discuss...
•      Let's look now at...
Analysing a point and giving recommendations
•      Where does that lead us?
•      Let's consider this in more detail...
•      What does this mean for ABC?
•      Translated into real terms...
Giving an example
•      For example,...
•      A good example of this is...
•      As an illustration,...
•      To give you an example,...
•      To illustrate this point...
Dealing with questions
•      We'll be examining this point in more detail later on...
•      I'd like to deal with this question later, if I may...
•      I'll come back to this question later in my talk...
•      Perhaps you'd like to raise this point at the end...
•      I won't comment on this now...
Summarising and concluding
•      In conclusion,...
•      Right, let's sum up, shall we?
•      I'd like now to recap...
•      Let's summarise briefly what we've looked at...
•      Finally, let me remind you of some of the issues we've covered...
•      If I can just sum up the main points...
Ordering
•      Firstly...secondly...thirdly...lastly...
•      First of all...then...next...after that...finally...
•      To start with...late

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar